Level and ExperienceEdit
- The character's level is a value between 1 and 11 and measures experience in battle. Characters rise in levels as they gain experience and are able to increase their attributes and gain perks that make them better at the mercenary profession.
The introduction of "Veteran Levels" allows mercenaries to level even farther than level 11. Every level above 11 (= Veteran Level) requires 5000 XP and there is NO perk point awarded and the stat rolls are reduced to a maximum of +1 for three stats, but there is no maximum limitation of possible veteran levels.
- Attributes can be divided into two different categories:
- Primary Attributes can be increased each level by 1-3 points
- Melee Skill
- Melee Defense
- Ranged Defense
- Secondary Attributes can be increased each level by 2-4 points
- Ranged Skill
Some recruits with military backgrounds may already have a few levels under their belt. If you hire a brother who already has one or more levels, you can distribute his perk points and stat roll level ups after you hired him as you do with a normal mercenary.
- Examples of some backgrounds:
XP awards for enemiesEdit
Some details on XP value of enemies. The person who did the killing blow gets 20% of the "XP value of an enemy" (Killer XP in table below). The other 80% is distributed equally amongst all men (XP/kill in table below). "Killer XP" and "XP/kill" values in table below are based off on analyzing awarded XP in post-battle victory screens (Build 0.6.0.21).
All "total XP values" in this table are unofficial rough guesstimates based on extrapolation. Expect at least +/-5 error. Discrepancies due to truncation will probably be commonplace.
|Enemy||XP per kill|
|Killer XP||Estimated total XP value|
|Goblin Wolfrider||9 (see * below)||30||149|
- Goblin Wolfrider award 9xp for a 12-man party and an additional 30xp for the man who struck the killing blow. Upon death, they either spawn a Goblin Skirmisher which then awards 9xp for a 12-man party and an additional 30xp for the man who struck the killing blow. Or they spawn a Goblin Wolf which then awards 2xp for a 12-man party and an additional 7xp for the man who struck the killing blow.
- So Goblin Wolfriders can award either 18xp per mob in total (9+9) or 11xp per mob (9+2).