FANDOM


Level and ExperienceEdit

The character's level is a value between 1 and 11 and measures experience in battle. Characters rise in levels as they gain experience and are able to increase their attributes and gain perks that make them better at the mercenary profession.
Level Total XP
needed
2200
3500
41000
52000
63500
75000
87000
99000
1012000
1115000
Veteran
Levels
XP per vet-
eran level
11 to 205000
20 to 3410 000
34 to 3920 000
39 to 4230 000

As mercenaries fight and gain experience they will level up. With each level your brothers gain they receive a perk point and can increase three different attributes.

The introduction of "Veteran Levels" allows mercenaries to level even farther than level 11. Every level above 11 (= Veteran Level) requires at least 5000 XP and there is NO perk point awarded and the stat rolls are reduced to a maximum of +1 for three stats. The maximum level is 42.

Attributes can be divided into two different categories:
  • Primary Attributes can be increased each level by 1-4 points, depending on a characters talent
    • Melee Skill
    • Melee Defense
    • Ranged Defense
  • Secondary Attributes can be increased each level by 2-5 points, depending on a characters talent
    • Ranged Skill
    • HP
    • Fatigue
    • Resolve
    • Initiative (3-6 points)


Some recruits with military backgrounds may already have a few levels under their belt. If you hire a brother who already has one or more levels, you can distribute his perk points and stat roll level ups after you hired him as you do with a normal mercenary.

Examples of some backgrounds:
Starting Levels
Background 07
Background 35
Background 37
Background 08
Background 24
Background 49
Background 10
Background 30
DeserterMilitiaBastardDisowned
Noble
Retired
Soldier
RaiderSellswordSwordmaster
1-2 1-2 1-3 1-3 2-3 2-4 2-4 3-5


XP awards for enemiesEdit

Some details on XP value of enemies. The person who did the killing blow gets 20% of the "XP value of an enemy" (Killer XP in table below). The other 80% is distributed equally amongst all men (XP/kill in table below). "Killer XP" and "XP/kill" values in table below are based off on analyzing awarded XP in post-battle victory screens and values have been updated to Build 1.1. Older figures from (Build 0.6.0.21) in brackets () still included for comparison purposes. Generally XP for many units across the board received a slight boost. Direwolf and Fallen Hero XP was reduced.

All "total XP values" in this table are unofficial rough guesstimates based on extrapolation. Expect at least +/-5 error. Discrepancies due to truncation will probably be commonplace.

Enemy XP per kill
(12-man party)
Killer XP Estimated total XP value
Humans (Brigands)
Bandit Thug 8 (7) 25 (22) 125 (110)
Bandit Poacher 9 29 145
Bandit Marksman 12 (9) 38 (30) 190 (149)
Bandit Raider 13 (12) 42 (37) 210 (185)
Bandit Leader 22 (19) 68 (60) 340 (299)
Hedge Knight (19) (60) (299)
Swordmaster 22 (19) 68 (60) 340 (299)
Humans (Civilians)
Peasant 5 17 85
Militia 8 25 125
Militia Marksman 8 25 125
Militia Veteran 11 34 170
Militia Captain 17 52 260
Goblins
Goblin Skirmisher 11 (9) 34 (30) 170 (149)
Goblin Ambusher 13 (9) 42 (30) 210 (149)
Goblin Wolfrider 13 (9) (see * below) 42 (30) 210 (149)
Goblin Wolf 5 (2) 17 (7) 85 (35)
Goblin Shaman (15) (45) (225)
Goblin Overseer (22) (66?) (330?)
Orcs
Orc Young 13 (12) 42 (37) 210 (185)
Orc Berserker 19 (17) 59 (52) 295 (260)
Orc Warrior 22 (17) 68 (52) 340 (260)
Orc Warlord (19) (60) (299)
Beasts
Direwolf 11 (15) 34 (45) 170 (225)
Undead
Wiederganger 5 (4) 17 (15) 85 (74)
Wiederganger (armored) 8 (7) 25 (22) 125 (110)
Risen Wiederganger 0 (0) 1 (1) 5
Nachzehrer (Ghoul) 6 (4) 21 (15) 105 (74)
Ancient Auxiliary (Skeleton) 8 (7) 25 (22) 125 (110)
this mob no longer exists (Skeleton Bowman) (7) (22) (110)
Ancient Legionnaire (Skeleton Guard) 13 (12) 42 (37) 210 (185)
Ancient Honor Guard
Ancient Priest
Fallen Hero 13 (17) 42 (52) 210 (260)
Geist (Lost Soul) 12 (10?) 38 (33) 190 (165)
Necromancer 22 (19) 68 (60) 340 (299)
Necrosavant (Withered Vampire) (19) (60) (299)
  • Goblin Wolfrider award 13xp for a 12-man party and an additional 42xp for the man who struck the killing blow. Upon death, they either spawn a Goblin Skirmisher which then awards 11xp for a 12-man party and an additional 34xp for the man who struck the killing blow. Or they spawn a Goblin Wolf which then awards 5xp for a 12-man party and an additional 17xp for the man who struck the killing blow.
So Goblin Wolfriders can award either 24xp per mob in total (13+11) or 18xp per mob (13+5).

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.